Advantages of Precast and Rebar Detailing in Construction
When constructing or assembling a building using prefabricated components, precast detailing is one of the first steps implemented. It is an extremely complex enterprise, where accuracy remains the key to efficient executions. Also, rebar detailing is an important procedure in the construction and structural steel fabrication industries since the solidity and stability of a building depends on the design and structural integrity of building which in turn relies on structural elements that contributed in its making, i.e., Rebar. So, what are the various advantages of precast and rebar detailing which make them essential in the construction industry? Let us find out more in this blog.
Precast Detailing Advantages
- Saves Construction Time: Precast Concrete construction saves time; the risk of project delay is also less. The precast concrete casting can be carried on simultaneously with other works on site such as earthwork, survey, etc. and thus saves time.
- Quality Assurance: The key factors which regulate the quality of construction such as curing, temperature, mix design, formwork, etc. can be monitored for Precast Concrete. So, improved quality construction can be performed.
- Usage of Prestressed Concrete: By using prestressed precast, structural materials of high strength and load-bearing capacity (such as I-beams in structural steel construction) can be achieved, which can result in greater clear span, reduced size of the cross-section of structural members, etc.
- Cost-effective: The simplified construction process reduces the time, increases the productivity, quality, and safety and thus the cost is reduced.
- Durability: Precast Concrete structure has a longer service time period and minimal maintenance. The high-density Precast Concrete is more durable to acid attack, corrosion, impact, reduces surface voids and resists the accumulation of dust.
- Aesthetics: As the structures are prefabricated in a controlled factory environment, several combinations of colors and textures can be used. A wide range of shapes and sizes are available to choose from with smooth finishing and thus the aesthetic value of products is increased.
- Safe Construction Platform: No raw materials must be stocked in site for Precast Concrete construction. It reduces the requirement of traditional formworks and props, wastage, workers, etc. and thus provides a safe working platform.
Rebar Detailing Advantages
Rebar Detailing helps to sort out the practical structural projects as it clearly specifies the bar bending using heat induction bending services that includes beams, columns, girders, and walls. It also specifies the material specification with errors so that engineers can eliminate the mistakes at the initial stage. Rebar Detailing Services has also given birth to other new services in the structural metal product manufacturing industry in Australia such as Melbourne steel fabrication connection details, pile and raft foundation details and rebar estimating. Some of the advantages of rebar detailing services are described as follows: –
- Detailing services helps in avoiding delay in work and waste of materials along with the investment of the time.
- Rebar detailing services showcase the required information that is related to the anchors and laps details.
- The contractors are assisted and given a clear picture related to the production or rebars.
- Every rebar is detailed showing diameter, length, shape, and quantities in Rebar Detailing Drawings.
- It also provides bar bending schedules.
Bringing it Together
It can be observed that, in precast detailing, the emphasis is on creating and detailing structures for fabrication to be used as reusable molds for creating concrete members. Rebar detailing services are offered with certain standards and codes when engineering services provide them, such as the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) and Reinforcing Steel Institute of Ontario (RSIO). Hence, both these detailing services are significant steps performed regarding structural engineering projects.